|26th OVI Regimental Monuments at Missionary
Regiment marker located in the front yard of private residence at 121 S. Crest Road Missionary
Ridge. Marker reads: 26th Ohio Infantry Wagner's Brigade, Sheridan's Division, 4th Corps Lieut. Col.
William H. Young Nov. 25, 1863
" The regiment took part in the operations of November 23rd against the enemy's general line in the plain. With its bridgade it was
prominent in the assault on Missionary Ridge, reaching the summit in this vicinity and at once advanced in pursuit. Near the eastern
base the regiment, under Maj. W H Squires, with the 15th Indiana, Maj. Frank White, both commanded by Lieut. Col. Young, captured a
six gun battery, and again advancing took part in the attack upon the enemy's rear guard, captured two guns. Casualties: Killed 2 men,
wounded, 5 Officers, 29 Men; Total, 36."
Ohio Monument on top of Missionary Ridge
located at the Ohio Reservation, on South Crest
Road. The Monument is located approximately
100 yards north of the 26th Regiment marker.
There are several markers here as well that
details the Ohio regiments' involvement at
Chickamauga, Chattanooga, and Missionary